About Well Made
Founded in 2013, Well Made designs, manufactures and sells solid-wood framing and organization goods for the home. We also develop products for private retailers to purchase at large volumes. Our 9,000sq/ft woodshop, office and fulfillment space is located in west Logan Square, with our partner facility located in Europe. Our mission is to create intelligent, fun and useful products made with the highest quality possible, with customers like Shutterfly, Target, Urban Outfitters and many more backing that mission.
About The Opportunity
We have been expanding rapidly for several years and as part of our efforts to develop our team, we’re seeking a Part-Time Assembly Associate to work in our newly expanded Assembly department, which plays a key role in our in-house manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have an eye for quality, craftsmanship and detail. The tasks are at times monotonous, so it is important we find someone who takes pride in their work, no matter how mundane.
The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years experience in a similar position or have a keen ability to pick up new tasks quickly. The main objective of this role is to help support our business’s existing and future tight production deadlines by picking up the tasks that continually slow down our small team outside of our woodshop. Someone with 1-3 days availability during the week, even if half days, will find a great work environment within Well Made.
Duties and Responsibilities
• 50% - Final product assembly. This is the last stage of production for our in-house manufacturing where product components come together after being spray finished. Duties include operating our 150W laser engraver and inserting product hardware such as magnets, fasteners and mounting brackets into our solid wood products. Prioritizing your workload amongst various deadlines to ensure on-time shipments will be paramount.
• 30% - Product pack out. This is the last stage of quality control possible and the last step before products are shipped to our customers. This includes “kitting” finished goods with installation hardware and retail packaging to ensure a great customer experience.
• 10% - Production process refinement. We place a large emphasis on thinking about the correct manufacturing techniques so that we offer products that last a lifetime in an efficient manner.
• 10% - Properly organizing and cleaning materials, components and tooling . Every employee is accountable for paying detailed attention to their workload and workspace.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Detail oriented and collaborates well in group environments
• Great hand-eye coordination and superb dexterity
• Comfortable around loud, heavy-duty machinery
• “Go-getter” attitude when it comes to completing tasks
Experience / Education
Notice we put Experience before Education. Much of what we do requires hands-on experience or, at a very minimum, the ability to be taught and ask questions. No formal degree required, high school diploma or equivalent is a must.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation for this position ranges from $13-15/hr and is paid every two weeks. Well Made is persistently growing and, for the right team member, will offer ample opportunity for advancement and near future full-time employment. We offer generous benefit packages for full-time hourly and salaried employees.
• Paid vacation / holidays / sick leave
• Health / vision / dental insurance
• 401k and profit sharing
This is a part-time position, available now. The opportunity for full-time employment is not guaranteed at this time.
Email resumes to Nick@WeAreWellMade.com
Well Made LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer | (773) 217-8703