About Well Made
Founded in 2013, Well Made designs, manufactures and sells solid-wood framing and organization goods for the home. We also develop products for private retailers to purchase at large volumes. Our 9,000sq/ft woodshop, office and fulfilment space is located in west Logan Square, with our partner facility located in Europe. Our mission is to create intelligent, fun and useful products made with the highest quality possible, with customers like Shutterfly, Target, Urban Outfitters and many more.
About The Opportunity
We have been expanding rapidly for several years. As part of our efforts to develop our team, we’re seeking a Junior Fabricator to work in our fabrication department, which plays a key role in our in-house manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have an eye for quality, craftsmanship and an eye for detail. The tasks are at times monotonous, so it is important we find someone who takes pride in their work, no matter how mundane. Knowledge of wood working equipment, even at a basic level is a must as safety is the only higher priority than our product quality.The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years experience in a similar position or have a keen ability to pick up new tasks quickly. Knowledge or passion to learn in a fast-paced woodshop environment is key and will be rewarded with opportunities for growth within the business . We want someone who shares our entrepreneurial spirit and gets excited to come to work each day.
Duties and Responsibilities
Although this is a new position, we are expanding rapidly and adamantly promote from within. This position has potential for the right employee to craft their career with us. Critical duties include:
• 50% - Operate general woodworking equipment including table saw, miter saw, belt sanders, router table. Various tooling is involved in shaping our wooden parts before final finish-spraying, which are the majority of duties being held by this employee.
• 30% - Final product assembly and packaging. This is the last stage of quality control possible and the last step before products are shipped to our customers. Inserting magnets, “kitting” finished goods and operating our laser engraver are all parts of this process.
• 10% - Production process refinement. We place a large emphasis on thinking about the correct manufacturing techniques so that we offer products that last a lifetime.
• 10% - Properly organizing materials, components and tooling . Every employee is accountable for paying detailed attention to their workload and workspace.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Detail oriented
• Collaborates well in group environments
• Great hand-eye coordination and dexterity
• Comfortable around heavy-duty machinery
• Willingness to tend to woodworking machines and various processes
Experience / Education
Notice we put Experience before Education. Much of what we do requires hands on experience or, at a very minimum, the ability to be taught and ask questions. No formal degree required, high school diploma or equivalent is a must.
Salary and Benefits
• $30,000 salary, dependent on experience
• Two weeks paid vacation
• Paid holidays/sick leave
• Health, vision and dental insurance after three months
• 401K Retirement plan
• This is a full time position, available now